Even though rakes get used for the majority of yard cleaning duties, we discovered that leaf scoops do a fantastic job of taking care of smaller pick-up jobs. These are well-suited when doing the following:
- Picking up dry and wet leaves, twigs, pine needles as well as other garden refuse.
- Gathering up garbage from large piles of garden waste
- Deposit leaves and grass clippings into containers, barrels, and heaps of compost
- Work with sharp and stingy nettles and vines
Additionally, kids love to tinker with these, making yard work fun and exciting for all.
We carried out extensive research and tested a variety of brands to see which ones come out tops. We will share the best ones with you.
Maybe you’re a gardener that loathes the thought of getting your hands dirty, but you like the idea of being able to pick up a lot of leaves at once. In this case, the Miles Kimball Garden Hands is just what you need. The adjustable handles make it a viable option regardless of the size of your hands.
The large design and the forked scoops allow you to pick up twigs or leaves quickly and easily. It’s made of sturdy plastic and you won’t have to worry about cutting your hands with sharp sticks or other sharp objects.
- Customized handles
- Broad design for greater pickup capacities
- Forked edges to ensure a secure grip
- Handle straps are built from fragile materials and are likely to snap
- The body is not rigid
The bottom line is that you get excellent value for your money. At less than half the cost of SCHOME garden scoops, these will last for much longer. The Kimball Miles is a worthy investment.
No 4 – TABOR Tools Leaf Scoops
Tabor’s heavy-duty yet versatile leaf scoops include grabber claws which make picking up a variety of yard debris easier. By using your wrist and continuing to push against the given plastic braces, you can support your grip. The longer reach will ensure your hands remain well away from any sharp objects.
They are created for longevity with UV and crack-resistant plastic material and can be folded flat for easy storage. Their longer size means you ‘re not going to have to bend as much to pick up yard leaves, saving your back. The shiny red colours make it easy to find should you lose it.
- Very easy to store
- Design is a lot longer
- Made from UV-resistant, durable material
- The wrist supports do tend to be a bit rigid
- Handholds are fixed and may be too small for some people
No 3 – Leaf Collector Grabbers
These are great for picking up huge piles of grass clippings, piles of leaves, mulch or twigs. It measures 34 by 25cm. The material itself does not rust and is a breeze to clean.
- Your hands will remain dry and clean at all times
- Experience no harm to your hands from insect bites or any other sharp objects
- The hand band is very solid and adjusts with ease to fit your hand size
- No installation required and very easy to operate
- Some users find the Garden Yard Leaf Scoops a bit flimsy for their liking
- In some instances, you may have to remove your garden gloves to use them
If you have a lot of fallen leaves, then this is the perfect tool for taking care of your yard duties.
No 2 – Vaorwne Garden-Yard Leaf Scoops
This Yard Leaf Scoop is an all season cleanup tool that comes in very handy. Gardeners are more than happy to work with these as they are heavy duty and made of top quality materials.
The best part is that there are no chances of getting injured as these have no steel corners that will cause harm.
- Non-rusting an easy to wipe clean
- Ideal for picking up mulch and compost
- Adjustable handle straps ensure an easy grip
- Multi-functional, which is great for scooping up large piles of leaves
- The large scoops can prove to be a little awkward for gardeners with smaller hands
Overall, the Vaorwne Garden Yard Leaf Scoops prove to be a great asset thanks to its design and functionality features.
- Heavy duty, high quality, but lightweight design. Tools for the every day or gardening professional.
- Non rusting, wipe clean or hose off surface. Made with no steel corners to worry about.
No 1 – Yeoman Hand Held Leaf Collectors
Gardeners from all over can look forward to scooping up leaves in no time with the Yeoman Hand Held Leaf Collector in Dark Green. These scoops will quickly rake any garden debris together in an efficient manner. You simply have to slip your hand into the sturdy grip to clear up grass trimmings and leaves with ease.
What’s more, Yeoman is a trusted brand loved by British gardeners. On further investigation it is clear to see that it’s due to the snug fit and ergonomically moulded handles.
- All the extras you need to make leaf clearing an easy chore
- Leader in offering top quality garden tools
- The latest innovations in fibre-glass scoop materials
- Designed with the gardener’s needs in mind
- Can be uncomfortable to use when using thicker garden gloves
- Would have been nice to have a firmer grip such as a bar to hold onto
Overall, the Yeoman Hand Held Leaf Collectors are made to withstand heavy-duty use and will last for a long time as they do not break easily.
Last update on 2020-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API